“As a community centered in the Eucharist, we proclaim the love of Christ by sharing our bounty with all who seek nourishment.”
Contact: Debi at email@example.com
Our Parish Pantry supplements the pantries of over 100 families every week allowing them to “shop” for fresh and nutritional foods that fit their needs. Volunteers assist in sorting and bagging food, helping recipients through the food line, and helping to bring bags to their car.
***Urgent Volunteer Need***
The food pantry has an immediate need for drivers to transport food from the offsite warehouse in Englewood to St. Mary, in the early morning on distribution day (Mondays usually). Must be able to lift and load 50 lb. cases and drive a large van, truck or SUV. For more information, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Cathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receiving from St. Mary Parish Pantry***
- When is the pantry open? We are open on Mondays from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Where is the pantry located? We are located in Marian Hall, which is on the lower level of the church.
- How do I register? Registration is handled during our open hours, Mondays from 10:00 am – 12:00 noon, at the pantry in Marian Hall.
- What should I bring? It is helpful to bring re-usable shopping bags, but it is not necessary.
- What kind of food will you give me? You may choose the food best for your household. Selections always include canned goods, fresh produce and bakery goods, and on occasion, frozen, dairy and personal care items.
***Click here for more information for recipients.
Upcoming Holiday Schedule 2019-2020: please update your calendar!
- Closed Dec 23, 2019 – Christmas Holidays – Re-Open Monday Dec 30, 2019
- Closed Jan 20, 2020 – MLK Jr. Day – Open Tuesday Jan 21, 2020
- Closed Feb 17, 2020 – Presidents’ Day – Open Tuesday Feb 18, 2020
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE:
Due to a facilities conflict, the pantry will be closed on Monday, Jan. 27. We will be open for distribution on Tuesday, Jan. 28 during our usual hours of 10 am – noon.
Most-Needed Items for February:
- Canned Soups
- Canned Chili
- Cereals – Hot & Cold
- Canned Meats
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Beans
- Asst. Condiments
- Asst. Mexican Foods
- Pasta Sauce
- Sliced Bread
- Toilet Tissue
Due to storage constraints, the only non-food items we request are Toilet Tissue and Baby Diapers. Plastic and re-usable grocery sacks are always appreciated. Thank you for your donations!
Questions? Contact Program Coordinator Debi Gorka.