Guided by the Holy Spirit, we are a community centered in the Eucharist. We seek to live our faith, to grow in holiness, and to proclaim the love of Christ through service to all.
St. Mary Parish was founded in Littleton in 1901 at the request of the Most Reverend Nicholas Chrysostom Matz, Bishop of Denver. Ground was broken for new parish on July 21, 1901, at the corner of Nevada St. and Powers Ave. Fr. Richard Brady celebrated the first Mass in the permanent church building on October 11, 1901. The parish received its first full-time pastor, Fr. Edward Clarke, in 1914.
St. Mary Catholic School opened on September 4, 1951, under the care of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
The church building at the present-day location was dedicated on September 13, 1962, by the Most Rev. Urban J. Vehr, Archbishop of Denver. Over the next four years, a new school, rectory, and convent were added to the site.
Parish administration was granted to the Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary (DCJM) in 2007. The current pastor, Fr. Javier Nieva, was installed in 2014.
The DCJM community as of 2018.